The Identiplus Sales Representative is responsible for developing new prospects and interacts with existing customers primarily by phone to maintain and increase sales. Provides support to customers over the phone and may conduct field visits as necessary. Responsibilities include achieving growth targets, expanding customer relationships, developing a sales pipeline that achieves growth goals and communication of customer requirements throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Cold call prospect list to gain traction with specific key personnel in the healthcare industry.
- Drive new business growth through moving business through the sales funnel from pre-qualified leads
- Identify customer needs to determine which of our solutions best fit customers’ needs (systems)
- Manage multiple lead sources, including incoming calls, emails, chats and referrals at a given time.
- Manage existing customer database using Salesforce.com to ensure all communications are logged and identified.
- Work with the sales team and management to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Structure the customer relationship ensuring both the company objectives and the customer’s needs are met
- Lead the organization in identifying and resolving customer concerns
- Coordinate activities required to support existing customers and close new sales
- Attend and participate in trade shows and industry events as required
- Contribute to the marketing and product strategies based on learned market knowledge
- Represent Identiplus in a positive and professional manner
- Work with all personnel and outside contacts to satisfy customers’ needs and achieve company goals
- Identify areas of improvement within the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions
Communication & Planning
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special requirements, pertinent information, and feedback received from the general market to appropriate company staff or customers
- Plan, Develop and implement special sales activities to drive sales
- Update CRM system with the required sales activity including notes, customer’s buying criteria, current vendor, etc.
- Maintain clear and concise communication of customer requirements throughout the organization, including production, graphics design, marketing and shipping
Documentation, reporting, organization, data-entry, telephone skills, customer relations, listening and verbal/written communication, multi-tasking, mid-level computing skills with PC and windows, dependability and emotional control. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and regular attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in areas of Sales, Marketing, Communication or related field with 3-5 years in an inside sales role. Previous experience with GPO’s, IDN’s and healthcare consumable sales. Education may be substituted for 5+ years of relevant experience.
Language Skills: Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, hardworking, persistent, and dependable with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general communication and web instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, sales representatives, clients and production staff.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have above average skills with Office suite applications, specifically Excel. Additional working knowledge of any Project Management software, data/warehousing and/or CRM systems is preferred.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding with wrists and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, hands or feet; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouch or crawl.
Office environment, controlled temperature, which may include at times some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. This is a non-confined office setting and he/she is free to move about at will. When entering production environment, required to adhere to all safety policies and ensure to stay in designated walking paths and being conscious of the work being performed. All individuals must walk with their head up in all areas of the building, parking lot and grounds being conscious of moving vehicles, forklifts, and other potential hazards.
AUTHORITIES: The Identiplus Sales Representative has complete authority to carry out all of the above responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, however without management approval he/she may not:
- Enter in any short or long-term contracts on the behalf of the company
- Make any charitable contributions on the behalf of the company
- Change, alter or disregard company policies or procedures
- Change, alter or approve any compensation plans or programs
- Terminate a call or customer relationship without just cause and/or approval
- Representative, as defined within Artemax, no managerial authority over employees