The Sales Manager is responsible for the operation of the Sales Department for the Leisure & Entertainment Division, and also manages functions essential to sales productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting, management, sales process optimization, and training. This position reports directly to the Senior Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Overall responsibility for the leadership, management and execution of the Leisure & Entertainment Division and Customer Service functions within the company.
- Develops and executes sales and service strategies developed in partnership with the company President, insuring execution of agreed upon strategies.
- Developing annual sales quotas for sales team; projecting expected sales volume for both new and existing products
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin, market share, and other key financial performance objectives
- Identifies opportunities for sales process improvements
- Establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies.
- Analyzes reports, and acts on data driven from Salesforce CRM
- Uses BI tools to analyze results, drive business and communicate on results and key variances
- Motivates, supports, and coaches sales representatives building their success
- Prioritizes and leads training objectives for L&E Sales and Customer Service functions
- Develops team and individual career paths for team members
- Works with Human Resources to recruit, hire and train a high-performance team
- Supports the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other functional areas within the firm
- Monitor calls, emails and other communication to make improvemnts and manage to a higher standard.
- Hold formal weekly meetings with Sales Team to set expectations, accountability and drive performance
- Partner with the balance of the Senior Management Team to drive company performance.
- Timely responses to all forms of communication, including but not limited to email and voice mail.
- Report all accidents and follow all safety and hazard communication procedures
- Perform all other duties as directed by management.
- Maintain a professional/friendly relationship with all of our customers and Team Members at all times
- Represent Artemax in a professional and positive manner at all times.
- All employees are required to contribute to high levels of customer satisfaction and understand that every role contributes to the success of our business by the satisfaction of our customers.
- Strong management and leadership abilities necessary to lead the L&E Sales and Customer Service Functions and interact directly with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and solve complex problems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions to all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, hardworking, persistent, and dependable with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelors’ Degree in areas of sales, marketing or communication is required. Minimum 5-7 years in a sales management role with a record of success. Previous experience with a CRM tool is essential, experience with Salesforce preferred. Previous sales in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general communication and web instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, sales representatives, clients and production staff.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, and the ability to learn and utilize company specific software.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding with wrists and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, hands or feet; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouch or crawl.
Office environment, controlled temperature, which may include at times some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. This is a non-confined office setting and he/she is free to move about at will. When entering production environment, required to adhere to all safety policies and ensure to stay in designated walking paths and being conscious of the work being performed. All individuals must walk with their head up in all areas of the building, parking lot and grounds being conscious of moving vehicles, forklifts, and other potential hazards.
The Sales Manager has complete authority to carry out all of the above responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, however without management approval he/she may not:
- Make any charitable contributions on the behalf of the company
- Change, alter or disregard company policies or procedures
- Change, alter or approve any compensation plans or programs
- Terminate a call or customer relationship without just cause and/or approval
- Authorize expenses over $2,500 without prior approval
- Hiring Manager, as defined within Artemax, ability to hire, discipline, promote or terminate any subordinate.