The Product Quality Manager provides management focus and cross-functional leadership to communicate and coordinate Product Quality improvements and New Product development.
Works "hands on" with business functions to lead and manage successful product launches and quality improvements. Facilitates timely delivery of project plans, process development and financial impacts. Holds team members accountable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Voice of Customer, Market Knowledge – Understands and translates customer needs and expectations into new innovative products. Reviews Customer feedback, develops and executes quality standards. Stays abreast of product trends in the market.
- New Products - Designs innovative new products, packaging solutions or redesigns to exceed customer expectations. Emphasis on medical products. Interprets internal ideas and translates into salable products. Defines long term product strategy. Working with Manufacturing, facilitates and documents product trials and performance testing - develops prototypes.
- Value Engineering- Analyzes new and existing product information to determine feasibility/design that coordinates production, costs and financial returns. Promotes substitution of materials and methods with less expensive alternatives, without sacrificing functionality. Is actively involved in sourcing products from third party providers.
- Product Development Cycle - Designs products from the beginning to end of the development cycle. Understands and documents quality risks, mitigates via process capability and appropriate quality gates. Coordinates all internal and external related activities. Ensures that all products can be efficiently manufactured or economically outsourced.
- Product Introductions - Defines, develops, manages and communicates new product introductions internally and externally. Partners with Marketing department on product launches.
- Best in Class Product Quality - Partners with manufacturing to set quality improvement metrics. Ensure all products and subassemblies are high quality. Assess the quality of a product through a variety of stress tests. Leads product design changes to improve quality.
- Product Legal Compliance - Manages legal process on all new and existing products
- Materials - Works closely with procurement and Manufacturing to source and validate raw materials and components.
Documentation, reporting, organization, data-entry, telephone skills, customer relations, listening and verbal/written communication, multi-tasking, mid-level computing skills with PC and windows, dependability and professional demeanor. Practical hands on experience with GD&T,DEFEMA and PFEMA. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and regular attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general communication and web instructions. Ability to write reports and simple product copy. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from manager’s sales representatives, clients, and production staff.
Mathematical Skills: High level mathematical ability consistent with performing the functions of a Engineer.
Computer Skills: High level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; Excel and Word. Proficiency with CAD, HTML, Photoshop, online analytic programs (Google Analytics, Site Catalyst) a plus.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills, meaningful experience with A/B testing and performance analysis. Intellectual curiosity and drive to create innovative product solutions. Highly collaborative in group settings and sets a positive example.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering is desired with minimum five years of direct product management experience. Project Management Certification desirable. Previous knowledge of lean application in production/manufacturing environment is beneficial.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time keyboarding with wrists and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or fee; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Office environment, controlled temperature, which may include at times some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. This is a non-confined office setting and he/she is free to move about at will. When entering production environment, required to adhere to all safety policies and ensure to stay in designated walking paths and being conscious of the work being performed. All individuals must walk with their head up in all areas of the building, parking lot and grounds being conscious of moving vehicles, forklifts, and other potential hazards.