As product manager, you will be responsible for managing all products throughout their entire lifecycle starting at concept and launch, thru to retirement.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Product Planning and Management
- Determine and manage product specifications
- Manage entire product life cycle from concept, development, launch, sustain and retirement
- Define long term strategy of the product and create a product roadmap
- Create product documents including product spec sheets and product use cases with the assistance of marketing
- Determine product packaging solutions
- Assist in leading new product development projects
- Conduct product presentations and training
- With the assistance of marketing, develop sales tools and sales training materials
- Develop product marketing plan and event campaigns to generate product awareness and demand
- Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise
- Provide input for marketing collateral development
- Supply sales with latest research and marketing information
- Implement marketing plan in conjunction with all departments
- Drive ongoing improvement in sales and profitability
Research and Analysis
- Research and analyze market conditions
- Identify key competitor and industry trends
- Articulate market requirements and opportunities
- Translate market requirements into product specifications
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements
- Work with research regarding product development
Customer and End-User Support
- Manage product-related support, feedback and inquiries from users
- Use market feedback to drive product refinement and ongoing development
Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
To be proficient in this position, the individual must stay current with technology advancements. This employee must consistently and independently problem solve and achieve objectives. When a third party is used to support the business, accurate analysis of work to be done and costs involved must be evaluated.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general communication and web instructions. Ability to write reports and simple product copy. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from manager’s sales representatives, clients, and production staff.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, and area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; Excel and Word. Proficiency with HTML, Photoshop, online analytic programs (Google, Analytics, SiteCatalyst) a plus.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No work sponsorship or relocation assistance is available for this position.