The Director of eCommerce is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional departments to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business including, business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, website design, customer experience, web analytics and web technologies. Responsible for online sales growth to established goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Serve as a liaison and primary point of contact as project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test eCommerce initiatives within Marketing team and other departments’ needs
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans with other members of the cross functional team supporting the eCommerce strategy
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns
- Develop and oversee the effective planning, QA and execution of content across the websites and online marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing
- Manage all aspects of web analytics related to eCommerce and communicate relevant information to team members, executive leadership and cross-functional partners
- Partner with key cross-functional teams to ensure all relevant organizational goals and implications are factored into eCommerce projects
- Build and direct a cohesive team of internal and external personnel to effectively develop eCommerce solutions
- Manage key 3rd party relationships as it pertains to the execution of Search Engine Optimization and Paid Search initiatives.
- Generate and implement new sales and marketing initiatives to increase eCommerce sales and profitability
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure eCommerce principles are incorporated
- Identify new areas of eCommerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Artemax's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong leadership abilities to develop with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to complex problems
- Thorough understanding of business practices and principles
- Educated in Google Analytics, Google Pay Per Click, Blogging and social media
- Extensive knowledge of SEO, SEM, google analytics
- Proven leadership of large eCommerce projects
- Extensive knowledge of eCommerce technology and sophisticated analytics
- Experience with B2C or B2B ecommerce depending on focus
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results and drawing conclusions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related field. Minimum of 5-10 years of progressive management and leadership role within eCommerce.
Language Skills: Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, hardworking, persistent, and dependable with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general communication and web instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, sales representatives, clients and production staff.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have above average skills with Office suite applications, specifically Excel. Additional working knowledge of any Project Management software, ERP, data/warehousing and/or CRM systems.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues for both software and hardware concerns.