The Maintenance Technician is responsible to manage and assist in the completion of day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance of the equipment and facilities.
- 2nd Shift - 4:30pm-12:30am
- Split between 1st & 2nd shift
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Install, repair, rebuild and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services.
- Manage lighting, plant air, and all building related maintenance activities.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule for equipment and machinery. Follow up on adjustments and repairs as needed.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor support as needed.
- Detect and report defective parts/tools and equipment or questionable conditions to direct production management.
- Maintain required maintenance logs and files.
- Perform routine housekeeping activities and ensure adherence to established safety procedures and requirements.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with machine repair, electrical and mechanical systems required.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues and find the root cause of the problem.
- Ability to use all hand tools, power tools, measuring devices, and testing devices common in equipment repair.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret repair manuals, blueprints and schematics.
- Must have basic math and computer skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to drive forklift
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, hands or feet; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouch or crawl.
Production environment, which will include constant noise throughout the day. Certain areas of production will require PPE of either hearing and/or eye protection. Environment will include odors and minor variances in temperatures. Production environment requires closed toe shoes, be conscious of work being performed and stay in walking paths whenever possible outside of assigned areas. All individuals must walk with their head up in all areas of the building, parking lot and grounds being conscious of moving vehicles, forklifts, and other potential hazards.