The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for improvement of the manufacturing processes and the equipment used in it. Working closely with production management and product management, this person focuses on enhancing our products by continually improving the performance of the equipment; this includes tooling, print presses, automation systems and the standard work procedures used to define the manufacturing processes.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering duties; develops, designs and tests mechanical devices
- Identifies and implements mechanical systems and process improvements; including equipment updates.
- Establishes standard operating procedures for all equipment setup and operation.
- Writes technical reports, handbooks and/or bulletins for internal use
- Works closely with Product Management to develop new products and enhance the quality of the existing products.
- Works closely with the maintenance team to develop, implement and maintain equipment and tooling maintenance program that ensures optimal equipment up time and reliability.
- Researches designs and makes equipment recommendations based on appearance, safety, budget & function.
- Manages the design and build process with internal teams and outside partners
- Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arms-length, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Able to see with colored vision and close vision
No work sponsorship or relocation assistance is available for this position.