The Plant Maintenance Manager is responsible for performing the maintenance of all equipment, safety and mechanicals within the facility. This includes managing third party service providers, working with the production team members to establish optimal and safe equipment performance, and planning and completing day to day maintenance both repair and preventative, ultimately to ensure overall best in class performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Ensures plant wide safety including equipment operation, adherence to SOP and the overall physical facility. Maintains all material data sheets and OSHA requirements
- Plans and schedules individual technicians work assignments on a daily basis to meet the objectives of the department
- Builds process to track and evaluate individual and team productivity
- Upkeep, repair and planning for all major facility mechanicals
- Oversee control procedures which ensure all PM's are completed accurately and per the published schedule
- Planning, coordinating, and execution of a preventative maintenance program for all equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Immediate response to equipment failures with a goal of minimizing down time as measured by the down time tracking report
- Works closely with the manufacturing team to ensure optimal performance of equipment and processes
- Negotiate and manage outside contractors for equipment upkeep and support.
- Selection and oversight of all outside contractors that are used in the facility
- Accountable to both cost and quality of their work
- Responsible to ensure stocking levels and budgets are maintained and adhered to
- Works closely with Manufacturing to ensure spare parts are readily available and consistent with optimal machine performance
- Works closely with Manufacturing and Product Development teams to develop, specify and acquire machine tooling to support the business
- Create and maintain all appropriate maintenance records on equipment, facilities and legal requirements related to the manufacturing facility
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Artemax's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong leadership abilities to develop with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to complex problems
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions to all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, hardworking, persistent, and dependable with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and regular attendance
- Must have prior working knowledge of hazard, OSHA and safety regulations