Artemax in New Berlin, Wisconsin is seeking a driven Desktop Support Specialist to contribute to their team!
The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for configurating, modifying, installing, documenting and maintains desktop, laptop, mobile device operating systems, computer systems and all other technology. Responsibility also includes providing technical support for all Artemax’s employees.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, analyze and isolate issues, and resolve issues by implementing solutions
- Work with I.T. Director to define network policies and procedures
- Investigate proven IT solutions for our network and recommend upgrades as needed
- Determine network and system requirements
- Maintain and verify backup servers/systems, and ensure readiness for disaster recovery
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, building access software, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Create, maintain, and keep current documentation on both details of network components and procedures followed to administer network components
- Perform some administrator duties outside of business hours
Documentation, reporting, organization, data-entry, telephone skills, customer relations, listening and verbal/written communication, multi-tasking, mid-level computing skills with PC and windows, dependability and emotional control. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and regular attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree in areas of Information Technology, Business, Computer Science or related field with 1-2 years of IT administration/desktop support experience. Education may be substituted for 5+ years of relevant experience. Certification A+ or Microsoft MCSA, CISCO certifications is desired.
Artemax, Inc., a fast growing Milwaukee area company - with remote branches in South Florida and Ohio, is the industry leader in manufacturing and supplying of wristband identification products for the entertainment, recreational and medical markets. All products are engineered from concept design to completion with the utmost quality standards. Steadily growing since 1995, Artemax has risen to the top in the industry and successfully continues to grow and thrive as one of the top wristband manufacturing companies in the world.
In order to get our company and product to the next level, we need passionate employees who are equipped with a willing-to-learn attitude. At Artemax, we take pride in growing our company and our employees every day by giving our employees the tools and opportunities they need to succeed. Employees at Artemax enjoy a fresh and inviting culture where they can see the difference in training, attitudes and atmosphere day in and day out. We also like to have fun; free lunches, company outings and events, company sports leagues, an on-site game room and friendly company contests are just a few ways we like to show some love to our employees!
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.