The Product Manager provides management focus and cross-functional leadership to communicate and coordinate new product and project implementation activities and updates throughout the organization. Works "hands on" with and across business functions to lead and manage successful implementations to include project plans, schedules, responsibilities, milestone events, process development, metrics, financial impacts and capital investment/returns.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Essential Duties and Responsiblities:
- Design innovative new products, packaging solutions or redesigns to meet, exceed and excite our customers and industry.
- Analyze information to determine feasibility/design to coordinate with our production and define product specifications while considering cost factor.
- Define, develop, manage and communicate new product introduction while coordinating with sales, marketing and production, while understanding the customer requirements and needs as they pertain to the product line.
- Assume design responsibility for a product line from the beginning of the development cycle throughout its entire life cycle until retirement.
- Aide in training on new product, conducting presentations when necessary while also assisting in the development or tweaking of sales tools, materials or strategies.
- Define long term strategy of the product and create a product roadmap
- Project management and reporting on progress of different projects and time to market analyzations
- Industry knowledge and experience in identifying and utilization of internal and external resources to provide needed expertise for new product or project implementation
- Maintain and build relationships with key suppliers
- Understanding of financial relationships of pricing, cost of goods sold, gross margin, volume, capital investment and return in making business decisions regarding new products/projects
- Ability to communicate and present product features and benefits to customers, key distributors and partners as required to support sales initiatives
- Work with Marketing and Sales through product lifecycle as market demands change or different strategies need to shift.
- Create product documents including product spec sheets and product use cases with the assistance of marketing
- Knowledgeable in current and trending market conditions including competitor business to be a proactive self-starter to capitalize on the needs/demands of the industry.
- Manage product-related support, feedback and inquiries from users
- Use market feedback to drive product refinement and ongoing development
- Own the project/product processes assigned and be accountable for product deliverables and results
- Maintain good standing with company attendance policy and attend all shifts, meetings, conferences, tradeshows, etc. when scheduled; this position is not eligible for remote capabilities.
- Responsible for overseeing testing of all new products
- Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arms-length, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Able to see with colored vision and close vision
No work sponsorship or relocation assistance is available for this position.