The Production Supervisor is a hands-on leader responsible for the day-to-day performance within the manufacturing and logistics work areas. This includes responsibility for the people, the process, and the performance of all work to be completed in the respective area. As a supervisor, you are not scheduled to run machinery, but may be required to assist if needed. Maintain weekly cycle counts, apply inventory adjustments as needed, submit purchase requests and champion the end of year inventory event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Select, train, and develop team to support Production in all areas of responsibility
- Sets expectations and holds all team members accountable daily
- Responsible for “leading by example”, coaching, promoting, encouraging, and mentoring staff towards high performance work teams. Supervises from the floor always holding team members accountable.
- Insures plantwide safety including equipment operation, adherence to SOP and the overall physical facility
- Plan and adjust staffing levels during peak and non-peak times
- Manage daily staffing, cross training/rotation and new employee training needs to maximize productivity
- Ensures SOPs are always followed
- Quality practices are enforced and monitored regular
- Accountable for RMA results for area of responsibility
- Efficiently apply and flex resources to achieve all customer delivery dates
- Enhance process and productivity in area of responsibility to reduce throughput time
- Participate continuous improvement projects with the help of the manufacturing leadership team for all processes within the assigned manufacturing work area
- Manage work orders/schedule and the workflow for optimal routings and available machine capacity
- Oversee and plan activity that relates to inventory control in the warehouse and production environment
- Review balance of inventory and count the items in stock through cycle counts
- Manage and update inventory levels in the business system after each cycle count or as needed
- Initiate policy changes regarding inventory in the company
- Investigate issues in the warehouse inventory system and execute necessary improvements
- Submit request to purchase as necessary
- Attend meetings as assigned
- Maintain cleanliness of your work area
- If all work is completed, please notify your manager
- Timely responses to all forms of communication, including but not limited to email and voice mail
- Maintain a professional/friendly relationship with all of our customers and represent Artemax in a positive manner
- All employees are required to contribute to high levels of customer satisfaction and understand that every role contributes to the success of our business by the satisfaction of our customers
- Maintain good standing with company attendance policy and physically attend all shifts when scheduled; this position is not eligible for remote capabilities
- Report all accidents directly to Human Resources and follow all safety and hazard communication procedures
- Perform all other duties as directed by management
- Responsibility of building and closing at end of shift.
Documentation, reporting, organization, mechanical aptitude, data-entry, telephone skills, customer relations, listening and verbal/written communication, multi-tasking, entry-level computing skills with PC and windows, dependability, and emotional control. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and regular attendance.