The Press Assistant is responsible for coordinating the efficient change-over tasks of multiple flexographic presses. The Press Assistant is accountable for efficient color changes, clean up tasks, job preparation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the activities related to increasing run time for the flexographic printing presses; this includes tasks such as:
- Changeover Prep: Mix/prepare inks, make & mount plates, stage plates, supplies and tools for upcoming jobs
- Press changeover and clean up: Un-racking print decks, empty ink and clean ink pans, tools, rollers, etc.; reassemble print decks, put away clean tools and plates as necessary
- Maintain proper raw material inventory levels for press operators
- Organize, and guide the work load of the area and completes work; emphasizing safety and quality
- Perform general maintenance of equipment
- Must have the ability to read and execute work orders and print proofs
- Must be able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively
- Self-motivated, productivity focused individual
- Ability to work independently across functional areas and as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced, short lead time production environment
- Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arms-length, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Able to see with colored vision and close vision
No work sponsorship or relocation assistance is available for this position.