Artemax is looking for individual with manufacturing/machine operating experience to join their team. Must have good attitude, be on time, willing to learn (problem-solver), age 18+, and be able to work in a team environment.
Shift: Days (8:00 AM - 4:30 PM) ** OVERTIME IS OPTIONAL**
- Select, train and develop team to support WCM in all areas of responsibility
- Sets expectations and holds all team members accountable on a daily basis
- Responsible for leading by example, coaching, promoting, encouraging and mentoring staff towards high performance work teams. Manages from the floor holding team members accountable at all times
- Insures plantwide safety including equipment operation, adherence to SOP and the overall physical facility
- Plan and adjust staffing levels during peak and non-peak times
- Manage daily staffing, cross training/rotation and new employee training needs to maximize productivity
- Ensures SOP's are followed at all times
- Quality practices are enforced and monitored regular
- Accountable for RMA results for area of responsibility
- Efficiently apply and flex resources to achieve all customer delivery dates
- Enhance process and productivity in area of responsibility to reduce throughput time
- Participate continuous improvement projects with the help of the manufacturing leadership team for all processes within the assigned manufacturing work area
- Manage work orders/schedule and the work flow for optimal routings and available machine capacity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree in the areas of Business Management or related field with 2 years of production lead or supervisory experience with a manufacturing environment.
Language Skills: Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, hardworking, persistent, and dependable with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general communication and web instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, sales representatives, clients and production staff.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time keyboarding with wrists and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or fee; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Production environment, which will include constant noise throughout the day. Certain areas of production will require PPE of either hearing and/or eye protection. Environment will include odors and minor variances in temperatures. Production environment requires closed toe shoes, be conscious of work being performed and stay in walking paths whenever possible outside of assigned areas. All individuals must walk with their head up in all areas of the building, parking lot and grounds being conscious of moving vehicles, forklifts, and other potential hazards.